Hi, I’m Elana Miller, M.D., and I am a psychiatrist based in West Los Angeles, California. My practice focuses on holistic mental health, including combining prescription medications, talk therapy, and whole-body alternative and complementary approaches.
I help people struggling with:
- Mood problems, such as depression, dysthymia, irritability, mood instability, seasonal affective disorder, and bipolar disorder
- Anxiety, including generalized anxiety, panic, post-traumatic stress disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and trichotillomania
- Adult attention-deficit disorder, which may cause or worsen behavioral, emotional, social, work and academic problems
- Adjustment difficulties with life transitions, trauma, bereavement, and grief
- Medical illness-related mood and anxiety problems, including psychiatric issues related to cancer, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, and chronic pain
- Women’s mental health issues, including psychiatric issues related to menstruation, pregnancy, infertility, or menopause, as well as management of psychiatric conditions through pregnancy and the postpartum period
My approach is informed by the Integrative Holistic Medicine model, which:
- Reaffirms the relationship between practitioner and patient
- Focuses on the whole person
- Is informed by scientific evidence
- Makes use of all appropriate therapeutic approaches, health care professionals and disciplines to achieve optimal health and healing
- Views physical and mental and spiritual aspects of life as closely interconnected and equally important approaches to treatment
Integrative Holistic Medicine is the art and science of healing that addresses care of the whole person: body, mind, and spirit. It can include evidence-based complementary treatments such as:
- Nutritional supplementation with vitamins, minerals and other micronutrients to support optimal health
- Lifestyle modification, including habits and practices to optimize sleep, energy, and diet and to regulate mood
- Herbal medicine
- Mind-body practices such as meditation and mindfulness
My work with patients is a collaborative process—a process that is meant to be not only supportive, but transformative. My assessment is shaped by a holistic understanding of you and your life, including your physical and biological health, your mental and emotional framework, your relationships, your work, and your environment. The strategies I recommend will be geared toward optimizing all of these aspects of your health and wellbeing. My practice philosophy is based on my belief that our natural state of being is wellness, and that in order to live a fulfilling, meaningful life, we do not need to “make” ourselves well—we simply need to find the obstacles to wellness, and remove them.
- I do not accept insurance or work directly with insurance companies, although if you have a PPO insurance plan you may be able to get part of my fees reimbursed from your insurance company. The reason I do this is because insurance companies incentivize psychiatrists to have short, medication-focused visits, and reimburse poorly for therapy-focused interventions. I believe a broader approach is more effective and essential for long-term health and wellbeing.
- My fees range between $200-400 per appointment depending on the length of the appointment.
11620 Wilshire Blvd Suite 715
Los Angeles, CA 90025
Because my medical license is in California, I can only work with patients who are physically located in California or who are able to travel here. It is best if you are able to come to my office in Los Angeles, but if not, I am available for appointments via Skype, Facetime, or phone.
If you are wondering if I am the right fit for you, feel free to get in touch – I will be happy to speak to you on the phone and help you decide if I’m the right psychiatrist for you.