Since being diagnosed with an aggressive form of lymphoma in December, I have written about my journey and path to healing. It has been sometimes sad, often hopeful, at times hilarious, and always educational.
I’ve learned more in the last seven months about life and human nature (including my own) than in all my prior years (and I’m a psychiatrist!).
I created this guide to be of service to you: to help you whether you are struggling with your own cancer diagnosis, or are trying your best to support a friend or family member with cancer. Cancer can be a painful, terrifying experience, but it can also be an opportunity for awakening and growth.
What you get in this 66-page ebook:
- A background on me and my cancer journey.
- Suggestions for how to shift your mindset to best deal with a cancer diagnosis (i.e.—for now, it’s all about you, baby!).
- On overview of how cancer affects relationships with friends and family—and what to do if problems come up.
- Guidelines for friends and family members of a cancer patient to help them be as supportive and helpful as they can.
- TWO bonus tip sheets on the biggest DOs and DON’Ts for how to treat a cancer patient—feel free to share with everyone and anyone when you’re just too exhausted to explain what you need.
Oh, and did I mention the guide is completely free?
This project is a labor of love. It is not mine, it is yours. It is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License—please feel free to share, tweak, repost, or copy it, in full or in part, for any non-commercial purpose ( link back to my blog is always appreciated). I hope it will spread to every person who could use its words.
Thank you to everyone who supported me as I worked on this project. I can’t wait for you to take a look!
Do you like what you see? Please support me by sharing it!
Or email this page to a friend!