Thank you for considering working with me in my practice. This page is to outline the basics of my intake process, services, and office policies so you can be informed in making a decision in whether to work with me.
Please note that I am licensed in California only and therefore am only able to see patients who are located here or willing to travel here.
Although patients must be located in California to work with me, I am currently only offering video appointments.
My practice is fee-for-service and I do not accept insurance or negotiate with insurance companies. I do provide a superbill that you can submit to your insurance (if you have out of network health benefits) for partial reimbursement, although I can not guarantee your insurance will reimburse for my fees. Please note that I do not offer sliding scale or discounted rates.
I offer the following services as part of my treatment plans with patients (personalized based on your needs and preferences):
- Medication management
- Basic lab testing (ordered via Quest Diagnostics)
- Genomic testing (ordered via Genomind)
- Functional lab testing (ordered via Genova Diagnostics) (Integrative Treatment Track only)
- Customized supplement plans (Integrative Treatment Track only)
I offer two different treatment tracks for patients, Essential Psychiatric Assessment & Treatment and Integrative/Functional Psychiatric Assessment & Treatment. The reason for this is I have found there are two main categories of patients who generally come to me in my practice: 1) Those who have not tried many traditional psychiatric treatments before (and are best served by trying these approaches first), and 2) Those who have more complicated histories and have tried many traditional treatments that haven’t worked or have caused side effects, and need a different approach.
The Essential Psychiatric Assessment & Treatment program is appropriate for you if:
- You are new to seeing a psychiatrist or therapist, or your experience with psychiatry has generally been positive, neutral, or “good enough” (although you may be looking for something better)
- You haven’t yet tried “traditional” psychiatric approaches, or haven’t tried many medications or therapists
- You are looking for treatment for symptoms of Anxiety, Depression, Bipolar Spectrum, or PTSD, or looking for general support to cope with life changes or stress
- You have one, or maybe two main problems/diagnoses you are looking for help for
- Your general physical health is good
- You are open to the use of psychiatric medications if appropriate
For Essential Assessment & Treatment, please expect an investment of $2500-$4000 (without psychotherapy) or $3500-$11,000 (with weekly or biweekly psychotherapy) for the first 3-6 months of treatment.
The Integrative/Functional Assessment & Treatment program is a better fit for you if:
- You have a complicated medical and/or psychiatric history
- You are looking minimize pharmaceutical interventions and use primarily holistic approaches instead
- You have tried “traditional” psychiatric treatment and it hasn’t worked
- You have tried multiple psychiatric medications and they haven’t worked, or you have a tendency to be very medication sensitive
- Your psychiatric diagnosis is unclear, you have more than two diagnoses, or don’t think you’ve been diagnosed properly in the past
- You suffer from chronic medical issues, such as chronic fatigue, hormone dysfunction, gut issues, autoimmune or inflammatory conditions, etc.
- While you would like the focus to be on holistic treatments, you are OPEN to considering the judicious use of psychiatric medication where appropriate
For Integrative/Functional assessment & treatment, please expect an investment of $4500-$9000 (without psychotherapy) or $5500-$13,000 (with weekly or biweekly psychotherapy) over the first 3-6 months of treatment (including functional lab work, if indicated).
Essential Psychiatric Treatment Track:
Initial Consultation (75 min): $925
Follow up appointment for Medication Management and/or Psychotherapy (50 minutes): $450 (10% discount when scheduled as weekly psychotherapy appointments)
Follow Up (25 minutes): $315
Please note that for the Essential Psychiatric Treatment Track, follow up appointments for medication management only are typically 25 minutes and appointments for medication management and/or psychotherapy are 50 minutes. In some cases, I might recommend scheduling a 50 minute appointment even if we are not doing psychotherapy to have more time to discuss complex issues regarding medications or lab results, but this is less common.
Integrative/Functional Treatment Track:
Initial Consultation (2 hours): $1500
Follow up appointment (50 minutes): $450 (10% discount when scheduled as weekly psychotherapy appointments)
Follow Up (25 minutes): $315
Please note that for the Integrative/Functional Psychiatric Treatment Track, even if we are not doing psychotherapy I will usually recommend 50 minute follow up appointments so we have sufficient time to discuss the complex clinical questions that often come up. Only once you are feeling better and stable do we typically transition to 25 minute follow up appointments.
Clinical Services Between Appointments
For both treatment tracks, clinical services provided between appointments (e.g. phone calls with family members or other providers, prior authorizations, letters or forms, transfer of records) are billed at the rate of $75 per 10 minute increment.
Specific lab testing is discussed during our sessions and ordered as clinically indicated based on your symptoms and goals.
Basic lab work: Cost of lab testing — billed to insurance (copay may apply), Lab Review Fee — $75
Genomic Testing: Cost of lab test — billed to insurance (copay may apply), Lab Review Fee — $150
Functional Lab Testing: (includes both cost of lab test (billed by lab directly) + Review Fee) (Integrative/Functional Treatment Track only)
- Functional Nutritional Testing: $650
- GI gut testing: $650
- Comprehensive Allergy & Immunology Testing (includes testing for sensitivities to foods and mold): $650
- Salivary Adrenocortex Profile (cortisol testing): $260
- Salivary Melatonin Profile: $190
If you are not sure which treatment track is best for you, or if you have questions about me or my practice approach and you would like answered prior to scheduling the initial consultation, you may schedule a preliminary 20 minute phone call with me for $150. If you decide to schedule the appointment, this fee will be deducted from your initial consultation fee.
Please keep in mind that this phone call will not establish a doctor-patient relationships and the intention of this call is to offer guidance regarding treatment track and answer general questions rather than offer specific medical advice.